Linux on Pentium era systems

Warren Luebkeman warren at resara.com
Thu Aug 16 17:46:19 EDT 2007

I have decided to try Xubuntu.  To get it to boot off the CDROM I used a cool
little program called Super Boot Manager, which enabled me to boot off a
number of devices.  It was a pain to get the Debian installer to run on such
little RAM, but fortunately it gives you enough configuration options that
you can get the memory overhead for the installer low enough so that it will
run.

Xubuntu is supposed to be a lower resource hog, more efficient version of
Ubuntu, or in other words, does not use Gnome or KDE.  I'll let you know what
happens.

--
Warren Luebkeman
Founder, COO