I've got to get organized.

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon Aug 20 22:38:29 EDT 2007

"Steven W. Orr" <steveo at syslang.net> writes:

> So after that prep work, what do people use to keep organized under linux?

I use emacs with the muse and planner modules.  It's the most
extensible system I've found, allows me to link my schedule and todo
list with e-mail, and occasionally using w3m, visit referenced URLs.

If you want more information, feel free to ask, or visit the muse &
planner sections of http://www.emacs-wiki.org:

  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerMode
  http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsMuse

Muse is the underlying framework (derived from emacs-wiki mode) planner uses.
You can use Muse without planner, but not the other way around.

Of course, being in emacs, everything is plain text, the down side is
that it doesn't sync with anything (which I haven't personnaly found
to be a hindrance, given that in the decade+ I've had a Palm-based
PDA, I've never cared to sync it anyway. But that's just me :)

I also usually carry around the HipsterPDA, but it's just the basic
version, I'm too lazy to deal with the more complex styles :)
--
Seeya,
Paul