Errors reading DVDs?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Aug 30 15:39:11 EDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 20:40, VirginSnow at vfemail.net wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I had the same symptom on an Asus mobo with an ATI PIIX IDE
controller.  Long and short, the BIOS would do the wrong thing and
linux didn't understand it, so unless I was booting from the drive, I
couldn't use it.  AMD bought ATI and they disowned everything more
than a year since initial production.

Replaced the Asus mobo with an Intel motherboard, and all was well,
same linux install and drives.

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/