Eee PC hands on?

Jeff Macdonald macfisherman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 22:45:02 EST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 1:43 PM, Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net> wrote:
> I am thinking about getting an Eee PC but I am concerned about the small
> size of the screen and keyboard. Has anyone on this list actually tried
> one and can comment? Is there any place I might be able to try one?

I have one. Perhaps some drinks at Martha's would entice me to come to
the next meeting there. :)
I originally wanted it for my 5 year old twin boys. The screen is to
small to play flash games at pbskids.org. :(
So currently it is my toy. Work won't let me put it on their network
due to some 'security' concerns about non-work owned machines.

> Can anyone compare the Eee keyboard with that of the XO-1 (OLPC),
> particularly from the point of view of usability by an adult with
> average-sized hands?

I haven't touched an OLPC, so I can only comment the eee. It is small
and cramped.

> Any scuttlebutt about updates for Eee PC?

There's a 8G machine on the way.

--
Jeff Macdonald
Ayer, MA