Meeting tonight; weather (was: Eee PC hands on?)

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Thu Dec 20 12:02:07 EST 2007

On Thursday 20 December 2007 10:42, Ben Scott wrote:
>   If it keeps snowing like they say it might, I'll probably skip the
> meeting, so I may have to give you a rain check for tonight.
>
>   If it wasn't for the fact that there isn't a speaker, I suspect
> we'd be considering canceling.  Since this was a completely social
> gathering, I presume we can let everyone make that call individually.
> Although if only one person shows, s/he might be lonely.  :)

    I just called in reservations for 14, so there will be room for
anyone that comes.  These storms are perverse.  It could be beautifully
clear with all streets plowed and no traffic by 5PM.  On the other
hand...

    I called Martha's rather than dropping in personally as I usually do
(clutch problem with the car).  I usually like to get that alcove off
to the side because it is more isolated.

    Realizing that communicating the location (left vs. right) on the
phone might be difficult, I described it as "on the south side of the
building".  There was some comment about in the back behind the bar.

    I said joking, "No, on the south side; look at a compass if you
must."  She said, "But, it all depends on whether you are facing
towards or away from the building!"

    So, if you go, be prepared.  Martha's is in an alternate universe.

Jim Kuzdrall