Phone Hands free

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Fri Dec 21 09:19:37 EST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 10:16 PM, Bob King <bob.king.1138 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have read (do not have the citation handy) that there is wireless
> VGA available, so the matching eye piece would be quite possible. Then
> you could just carry a unit in a messenger bag or backpack and have
> access to your system. Voice control is still a work in progress, but
> we are getting there.
>
> Given that arrangement, the old desktop paradigm might not even be the
> right way to go, but I am sure that the Linux community will be the
> first to explore such alternatives.

I think too many mobile devices from the computer world are stuck on the
desktop paradigm.  Most of them have a keyboard that you need to use for
example.  The Windows CE devices were basically a computer you carried
around with you.

Palm's idea was something you carried around when you couldn't have a
computer.  The iPhone works well w/o a keyboard most of the time.  You enter
your data elsewhere and sync it to the phone.  iPods do all the organizing
on the computer with iTunes.  The TiVo and MythTV let you work with just a
remote.

I didn't have a keyboard on my 1st mac when I got it used.  I was able to do
quite a bit on it without a keyboard.