Cell phone recommendations

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Fri Dec 21 11:18:58 EST 2007

> In addition to Dan's request, I am also thinking of upgrading in
> February. Currently my phone is a Treo650. I've been using a Palm for
> my PDA shortly after they first came out.  The Nokia 810 seems to be a
> good fit, but I don't know that much about how it syncs with both Linux
> and Windows. The features I currently use are:
> phone, calendar, address book, memos, and tasks. The Nokia 810 uses
> Maemo.  I may want to use it for email and net access on a trip I will
> be taking in April, but I can also take my laptop for that. Upgrading
> to a newer model PalmTreo (with Palm OS) is also a strong possibility.

I had a Treo 700p for a while. I actually still have it but don't use
it since dropping my data plan. I found it to work much better than my
650. It was faster, the data was MUCH faster being EVDO. I also found
it to be much more stable.

The Nokia 810 isn't a phone, so I don't think that would be a full
replacement. I've seen the previous version of the device (the one
with the little pop out camera) and I must say it's a very cool little
toy. It runs linux so I can't imagine syncing would be much of an
issue.