Photo gallery sw with tagging?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Dec 31 18:26:44 EST 2007

On Dec 29, 2007, at 15:17, Paul Lussier wrote:

> At one time I used PHP Gallery for my photo album.  I haven't done
> anything in this area in a while, and was wondering what else was out
> there people were using.
>
> I'd ideally like something which allowed me to tag photos with random
> strings so I can then search/sort based on those tags.  This is for
> home use, so I don't really want a service like Flickr, etc.

I'm using Gallery2, and it does everything I've wanted of it.  Killer
installer for a web app, too.

Even some GNHLUG picutures!:
   http://pictures.mcgonigle.us/main.php?g2_itemId=2813

Due to its RPC mechanism, there are some nice integration plays for
it - e.g. when I'm using it vs. iPhoto the plug-in transfers all of
iPhoto's tags/titles/comments, for instance.  I hope to find
something to hook up my n810 to it, should I ever find one in stock...

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/