BioAPI and networks

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 15:19:03 EST 2007

On 2/1/07, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> Remember, any good authentication system consists of two of the
> factors: (something you have, something you know, something you
> are).

  Some wag on Slashdot suggested the alternate explanation: Something
you can forget, something you can loose, something that changes
naturally.

> Single-factor authentication is typically easily defeated.

  From what I've read/seen, most of these finger print readers are
pretty easily defeated.  Keep in mind the quality that goes into your
average computer product, then add the fact that most of these things
are not well-documented in the name of "security", and it's classic
security snake oil.

-- Ben