SIP Provider suggestions?

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Mon Feb 5 09:24:27 EST 2007

> That said, I'm wondering if anybody out there has any recommendations
> for decent SIP providers?  I'm not interested in somebody like Vonage,
> simply because you have to go through extra hoops (and, if I
> understand
> correctly, pay extra money) to get your username/password so you can
> plug it into Asterisk.

I would go with Broadvoice. They have the BYOD (Bring Your Own
Device) plan that's only $6/month (ends up being about $9 after taxes
and whatnot) and you can upgrade to full service once you get all the
bugs worked out.

Their support is fantastic and they were very helpful with helping me
get my HT-286 working

--Travis