No FOSS drivers for Dell e521 / Nvidia MCP51 High Definition Audio

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Mon Feb 5 11:58:44 EST 2007

>> http://jrblevin.freeshell.org/weblog/linux/mcp51-alsa
>
>Well, heck - all I found when I went searching was people like me
>griping about how there was no support (even from ALSA) so this is
>a pleasant surprise - thanks!  I'll give that a whirl...

Turns out those people were right.  The audio on my machine
has PCI vendor:product IDs 10de:026c and the only driver that
volunteered to handle it is the hda_intel.c driver, which
(apparently) only knows how to adjust the volume and offers
no other controls.  Same story for the ALSA kit and a search
of the source codes confirms that no other driver is signed
up to handle anything with those IDs.

Oh, well - thanks, anyway - I'll keep poking at this in my
Copious Spare Time...