Web software for a family web site?

Matt Snell mattds at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:33:44 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 09:04:35AM -0500, Randy Edwards wrote:
>    I'm debating putting up a family web site.  Like most families, ours is
> scattered geographically and it's hard to keep track of all the aunts,
> uncles, cousins, nieces, etc.

I do hope it works out for you, I've been trying to get my family to have
even the slightest interest in something like this for ages!

> (1) What other types of "family functions" do you think a family web site
> should have?
> (2) What specific free software web apps would you recommend?

My latest plan for drawing family members into the fold is offering them
personal blogs (Wordpress).

I usually use free webspace for posting secret Santa Christmas lists, we do a
grab,
everyone sends me their lists and I publish.  If you do something similar,
might be good for you.

--
M@, Linux User #415137
ICQ: 347886968