httpd lineage [Was: The new 'Linux Foundation']

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Thu Feb 8 12:33:26 EST 2007

On Thursday 08 February 2007 12:24 pm, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> So, in redhat-land capabilities and package names and binary names
> are separate things - am I correct in inferring that in debian
> they're more integrated?

Package names and binary names are generally more similar in Debian I guess,
but I would say that's more a side-effect of Debian's attempts to do
everything the "right" way, otherwise known as the "Debian" way, regardless
of how others have done it.  For better or worse, package/binary naming tends
in my perspective to more closely relate to the actual software's name,
rather than the purpose.
-N