Spam and bounces - how do you handle it?

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Fri Feb 9 17:24:02 EST 2007

On Friday 09 February 2007 04:38 pm, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> What if you only sent bounces to addresses where the incoming mail
> originated from a server with an SPF pass for the From: address?
>
> I'm not suggesting a particular software solution, just an idea for
> criticism.

That is a rather interesting idea I hadn't considered.  I don't know a
particularly good way to carry that through between our outer mail servers
and our inner list servers off the top of my head, but I think that may be a
good direction anyway.

Honestly, I've never thought of using SPF in that way because I didn't think
it's use was widespread enough, but for bounces that ought to be plenty.  I
wonder how widespread it is?  Does anyone know any statistic on that?
-N