Evolution sucks??

Tyson Sawyer tyson at j3.org
Mon Feb 12 13:17:50 EST 2007

Hey!

I'm trying to figure out of Evolution sucks or its just a user error.
I've been using Thunderbird and IMAP to connect to an Outlook server
at work.  I've just installed Ubuntu 6.10 on a new laptop and since it
came with a shiney new copy of Evolution all ready to go, I figured
I'd give it a try.

Using Evolution instead of the web interface to calendering seems nice.

However, every time I restart Evolution, it rescans my entire inbox
(6500+ messages) for spam.  This takes FAR too long.  It also seems to
restore the spam that I thought I had gotten rid of in my previous
session.  Thunderbird was always able to remember the summary info of
messages it had seen before and scan just the new messages for spam.
Oh, and I was able to get rid of spam w/Thunderbird such that it
didn't come back,

Can anyone tell me if any of this is a user error?

Thanks!
Ty

--
Tyson D Sawyer

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent
of many bad measures.   - Daniel Webster