Evolution sucks??

Michael Nolin michaelnolin at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 15:24:27 EST 2007

-  I've just installed Ubuntu 6.10 on a new

> > However, every time I restart Evolution, it
> rescans my entire inbox
> > (6500+ messages) for spam.  This takes FAR too
> long.  It also seems to
> > restore the spam that I thought I had gotten rid
> of in my previous
> > session.

  I'm using Evolution on Ubuntu 6.06 I don't seen it
rescanning my Inbox every time I restart it. I've also
used Evolution on SUSE, FC5, CentOS. It does seem to
remember changes I've made on the email server. I've
had the most difficulty simply trying to guess how
ever company configures their email server, riffled to
all the authentication possibilities only to find out
the correct configuration was "none".

Michael Nolin