Evolution sucks??

Ric Werme ewerme at comcast.net
Mon Feb 12 15:49:25 EST 2007

Jeffry Smith asserts:
> On 2/12/07, Tyson Sawyer <tyson at j3.org> wrote:
>> I'm trying to figure out of Evolution sucks or its just a user error.

> It's not user error - Evolution sucks.

> Next question:  What's people's favorite e-mail systems?  Mine are
> EXMH (by far #1) and Sylpheed-claws, with occasional use of Balsa.

Geez, after all this time figuring I should abandon exmh for something
with roots closer to the 21st century like Evolution, you're saying I'm
better off spending a little time to make exmh suck less?

Perhaps the olde ways are best.  I wrote an editor I wrote in RT-11's
visual TECO and ported to Mark Mallet's TED on CP/M for my Heathkit H89.
Maybe I should try porting it to that TECO written in Python.  It looks
like I'll never learn enough Elisp to do anything interesting in emacs.

One of the things that keeps me using exmh is that its HTML
display is so stupid it has absolutely no chance of properly executing
a HTML worm.

  -Ric Werme
--
     "Engineers are unreasonable people." -- NH Judge John Korbey
ric at werme.8m.net                http://werme.8m.net/