TechARP's Desktop CPU Comparison Guide

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Tue Feb 13 12:22:13 EST 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 11:40 am, Michael ODonnell wrote:
> FWIW:
>
>  http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=337
>
> I'd dispute their claim that it's an "easy reference" or
> that it allows you to "easily compare" the various CPUs
> but it's certainly one of the more comprehensive lists I've
> seen so it's at least interesting from that angle.

The only hard part I've had in picking processors in the last few years is
remembering which models have hyperthreading or dual-cores and which ones
have the virtualization instruction sets.  The rest is pretty useless - any
new processor these days is pretty much as fast as you need it to be and will
run largely no differently than the rest except for those metrics they didn't
list.

Still, it's an impressive listing, especially dating back to the 586 and 6x86
stuff from AMD and Cyrix.
-N