Evolution sucks??

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Tue Feb 13 15:14:17 EST 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 02:41 pm, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
> > Sieve is exactly that standard mechanism.  It's well documented, but
> > unfortunately not well implemented.
>
> Do you mean not widely?

That's what I meant - yes.

>    http://sieve.info/
>
> I think I've plugged my own implementation here a time or two(*).

I like that site - I knew there were a lot of projects making use of it and it
seems like KMail is trying to as there have been Sieve options for awhile,
but I don't really know what they've done with them yet.

> > Cyrus does an awesome job of
> > implementing it though and SquirrelMail's plugin means that you can have
> > users able to configure even complicated Sieve scripts in a pretty
> > environment.
>
> Do you really need a pretty environment?  :)

My users do.  My company's servers use Cyrus/Sieve.  My own server at home
uses only Courier and procmail.  Were I to rebuild it now, I'd use
Cyrus/Sieve in a heartbeat.
-N