Evolution sucks??

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Wed Feb 14 08:43:19 EST 2007

On Wednesday 14 February 2007 08:30 am, Ben Scott wrote:
> > I think cyrus does, but it's not simple.  cyrus uses a very mh-like
> > store to begin with, but it's not entirely the same.
>
>   I'm no expert, but I don't think Cyrus supports anything but the
> Cyrus mail store.  Their approach has always been, "Hey, we're
> designing a tool for a specific purpose, if you want something else,
> use something else."  There's something to be said for that.  Maybe
> there are patches or import tools or something...

I'm not sure exactly what MH is, but I know the Cyrus mail store is similar to
Maildir and could even be used as a Maildir if you wanted, but you'd have to
turn off Cyrus to prevent conflicts because it expects to have sole access.
Cyrus also overlays a number of index files, state files, and other such db
files to make access to the content much quicker.
-N