Evolution sucks??

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:08:32 EST 2007

On 2/14/07, Ted Roche <tedroche at tedroche.com> wrote:
> I wonder. I'd really like to know more about email than I do now, but
> between having to set the basics (MUA, MTA. POP. IMAP. MIME. RFC
> 2822) and having "tabs vs. spaces" arguments over everyone's
> favorites, I wonder if its too broad a subject, too subjective, and/
> or too political.

  I see no reason why we cannot have multiple meetings on the topic of
email.  Heck, I'd say to do otherwise would be a disservice.  We could
have a meeting for each MUA, a meeting (or two) for each MTA,
procmail, sieve, Cyrus, etc.  We'd be able to fill the calendar for
two whole years!  :)  See?  You just have to market the idea
properly... ;-)

  While my tongue is pretty close to my cheek (as usual), I'm also
fairly serious in that I think coverage of choices and options is a
good thing.  It doesn't have to be a debate, and those wishing to
start holy wars need not apply.  For example, I would love to learn
about Postfix and Exim.  What better way then to have a fan talk about
their favorite (one per meeting).

-- Ben