GPG Question

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 11:28:54 EST 2007

On 2/15/07, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
> ... they'd rather not have the employees explicitly aware
> that the employer could read their e-mail ...

  This may be preaching to the choir, but...

  Be aware that such a policy (not telling employees of snooping) is
outright illegal in some jurisdictions, and is a legal minefield in
others.  Or so I'm told.

  Based on the disclaimers I and others have been required to employ,
the prevailing thought appears to be employees should be explicitly
informed that they should have no expectation of privacy.

-- Ben