Win64 Issues as a End-User Rant

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 12:22:02 EST 2007

On 2/17/07, Jon 'maddog' Hall <maddog at li.org> wrote:
> there is no way that EM (Electro-Magnetic)
> > simulation is in the commercial rather than scientific.  EM simulations
>                        ~~~~~~~~~~
> > require 64 bits for anything remotely complicated.
>
> since you had already established yourself as an "end-user".

  Antenna design is *very much* commercial.  There are billions of
dollars at stake.  Maddog, I think you meant to say:

... no way simulation is in the
people-doing-ordinary-tasks-like-reading-email-browsing-the-web-writing-letters-looking-at-pictures-and-calculating-their-taxes
rather than scientific.

  Remember, we're talking English, and where I come from, "commercial"
is anything that involves businesses making money.

  ;-)

-- Ben