Win64 Issues as a End-User Rant

Dan Jenkins dan at rastech.com
Sat Feb 17 13:04:35 EST 2007

Bill McGonigle wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2007, at 10:47, Bruce Labitt wrote:
>
>> I wanted to print out the graphics result.  Guess what, our company
>> has Win32 print servers.  No go.  The ticket with MIS has been
>> outstanding for 6 months now.
>
> Drifting slightly off-topic.... you could use PDFCreator:
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
> and go print the PDF somewhere else.
> It looks like their toolbar has privacy issues, so uncheck that on
> install.

PDFCreator works quite well. Just about all our clients use it.

To bring the topic back to Linux a bit, we have used old spare
computers, running Linux, as print servers to communicate with network
print servers and/or printers which were incompatible with Windows 95
and DOS (yes, I still have clients running those) as well as 64-bit
Windows.

--
Dan Jenkins (dan at rastech.com)
Rastech Inc., Bedford, NH, USA --- 1-603-206-9951