Any luck with free SuperMicro boards, me == beep codes

Shawn K. O'Shea shawn at eth0.net
Thu Feb 22 13:48:49 EST 2007

Anyone have any luck with their SuperMicro boards? I finally got
around to trying to bring mine up this past weekend without success. I
had a spare P3-733 floating around and a 1U case with an old Intel
(Celeron only) desktop board.

I swapped the Intel board for the SuperMicro, swapped the PC100 RAM
from the Intel board to the SM board, installed the 733 P3, powered on
and got a beep code, 2 short followed by 1 long.

Just 2 beeps and just 1 beep are documented in the manual, and 5 short
by 1 long through 13+1 are documented. The just 2 or just 1 deals with
corrupt BIOS, and alleged you can pop in a floppy with BIOS, which I
did. I never see any floppy access at all however, so this doesn't
appear to be the problem. I tried the Celeron 500 from the Intel board
as well, but same results.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has had better luck than me.

-Shawn