Hacking the Razr 3m?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 18:30:05 EST 2007

On 2/23/07, Ed Lawson <elawson at grizzy.com> wrote:
> Verizon ... Razr 3m ... it seems they think it is basically a means to
> sell me their content as opposed to a phone.

  FYI, that is exactly the business model they wireless carriers are
using.  You don't own the phone.  They're nice enough to let you have
their phone (for a few hundred bucks).  But you can't use their phone
in ways they don't like.  And they'd like you to pay for every button
press (although they haven't been able to get away with that yet).
For a while, Nextel wanted to charge you for *every picture* you
transferred off their camera phones.

  Welcome to the new economy.  It's not about selling products, it's
about selling your soul.

-- Ben