ARTICLE - ESR gives up on Fedora

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Mon Feb 26 17:02:36 EST 2007

"Thomas Charron" <twaffle at gmail.com> writes:

>> I feel sorry for the ubuntu-devel list when he hits his first dpkg
>> circular dependency.
>
>   The dependency couldn't be met.  The package maintainer screwed up,
> and had it dependent on a version of a package that wasn't available.

<flamewar=best_distro>

  This illustrates 2 of the things I really like about Debian:
   1. There's accountability for every package
   2. Things don't make into stable until they've lasted a while in
      testing without breaking things, and they don't make into
      testing without going through unstable for a whil.

  If esr moves to Debian and sticks with stable he won't have *these*[1]
  problems.

</flamewar>

[1] Which is intended to indicate that Debian stable has a whole list
    of other problems I'm sure esr will find to bitch about :)

--
Seeya,
Paul