Looking for an IP camera

David Long dave at jumpshift.com
Mon Feb 26 19:36:22 EST 2007

Can someone recommend a good simple IP camera?  I bought a D-Link
DCS-950 a while back and was severely disappointed (as I should have
been based on reviews I read before I bought it).  After various similar
experiences with D-Link routers I've vowed never again to buy another
D-Link product.  I just need something that plugs into 10/100Base-T and
provides a web interface for still shots, without requiring a host
computer.  I do have a DSL router I might use.  I do *not* need
something that insists on providing video through some Windows-only
client software.  I do *not* need or want wireless.  I do not require
camera positioning features (which seem to add a lot to the price).
Motion detection would be a plus.  It probably needs a way to either do
Dynamic DNS, or periodically contact me.

The application is remotely monitoring a property.

-dl