QuantumBooks Waltham is closed

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Tue Feb 27 11:28:35 EST 2007

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:08:27 -0500
Paul Lussier <p.lussier at comcast.net> wrote:

> Bummer.  I was a huge fan of SoftPro when they were in Burlington,
> more so when they opened the Marlboro store.  Since I've been working
> in Cambridge the last few years I've been going to Quantum and new
> they'd be good to the SoftPro clientele when SoftPro sold out to them.
>
> It's disappointing that there's not enough of a business case to keep
> the store open.  I'm a big fan of "support the local guy" and do so
> whenever I can.  I guess the convenience of Amazon and B&N is just too
> great to compete with :(
I spoke to Rick (one of the owners) before he moved from Burlington to
Waltham. Apparently the Waltham rent was about half of what it was in
Burlington and the clientele in Vinebrook Plaza was changing. However,
IMHO, the Waltham location was terrible, virtually no foot traffic, and
the office building was not that big and did not have a large number of
high tech businesses. However, SoftPro in the Denver area is still
open. (I believe that it is owned by another brother).

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix user group