Trying to try Kubunto...

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Tue Feb 27 21:24:28 EST 2007

Ben Scott wrote:
> Have you tried the CD in another system, just to make sure, for
> sure, that the CD is good?

It seems good.  Passed the md5 checksum on burn...

>> mount: Mounting /root/dev on /dev/.static/dev failed: No such file or
>> directory
> cp: unable to open '/root/var/log/': No such file or directory
>
>  This sounds like a filesystem did not mount.  In particular, that
> the initrd failed to mount or pivot the "real" root filesystem.

Yeah, so I figured.  I'm thinking it probably has an issue with the SATA
bus... every other Linux installer did, too... but that was fixable with
a kernel parameter at boot.

>   If you shut off all the GUI boot and frame buffer crap (I don't know
> the details on this for *buntu, but most distros have a way to do it),
> is there anything else that looks like an interesting error message?

Just exactly what I retyped in the original post... about 5 lines is
it.  Seems the buffers got cleared when BusyBox was loaded.

Brian