Does GNHLUG need Internet-enabled calendars?

Jon 'maddog' Hall maddog at li.org
Thu Jan 18 11:12:47 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 10:51 -0500, Seth Cohn wrote:
> I've been recommending Google Calendar lately as the best option out
> there, for the least amount of work.  There are other choices, other
> calendars/wikis/cmses which will export ics and other standards, but
> so far, Google Calendar is the most feature rich.

Normally other paranoid people will raise their hands, but I will jump
in here to say that as platonic as Google is, I do not like to depend on
completely "managed services".

I do not mind developing the information and having Google as ONE of the
places that distributes it, but I would prefer to have GNHLUG as a place
where I can grab a "standard input" (whatever that is) and put it into
my calendar, as well as have other people find it and put it (or have it
fed) into their calendars.

md