[Fwd: don't we all just love vista?]

kevin_d_clark at comcast.net kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Thu Jan 25 17:44:06 EST 2007

Bill McGonigle wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2007, at 14:18, Ben Scott wrote:
>
> >  (At work, we're currently faced with pushing our server upgrade
> > plans ahead by a year, because Microsoft decided that having the clock
> > work properly isn't considered a "critical fix".  So the only way to
> > get a patch for Exchange 2000 (which is under "Extended Support") is
> > to pay $40,000 for an Extended Support Agreement.  Tell me again how
> > Microsoft is better because you have a big company supporting it?)
>
> So, drop the $40 large - that's the cost of running a Microsoft
> shop.  What's the problem again?

It is curious that Microsoft hasn't included this $40k figure in their Total
Cost of Ownership whitepapers.

  http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver/facts/topics/tco.mspx

I'm sure that they will rectify this soon.

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E              Never could stand that dog.
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                   -- Tom Waits