MythTV + mysql problems

Adam (gnhlug) gnhlug at thehelblings.com
Sun Jan 28 20:19:33 EST 2007

On 1/28/07, Ted Roche <tedroche at tedroche.com> wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2007, at 6:21 PM, Adam (gnhlug) wrote:
>
> > with my desired password, and tried to then run, $ mysql -u root -p
> > < /usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.20/database/mc.sql
> >
> > I get the error:
> >
> > ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
> > 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
>
> When you execute the first line above, does it prompt you for your
> password? It may be that it is misinterpreting the SQL file submitted
> as your password.
>
> instead, try executing:
>
> $ mysql -u root -p
>
> and enter your password when prompted.
>
> After that, at the MySQL prompt, type:
>
> source /usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.20/database/mc.sql;

Thanks, I got things working shortly after posting. I  had tried the above
mentioned method, but wasn't having any luck. Eventually I got it working,
and have my MythTV up and running on my LCD monitor.

The only problem I am having now is displaying to the TV. If anyone has any
experience with that let me know. I have taken the appropriate steps and
added the Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M" and "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE" (and
even tried "SVIDEO").

Here is my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file Sorry in advance for the long data. Some
sections are commented out, showing what I have currently attemped to run
with also. However, all I get when I run with some of these other settings
is a blank screen. I am using a GeForce 3D Prophet III, which only allows
the display of EITHER svideo, or analog, dualview is not possible (and is
not being attempted).

# Xorg configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

#Section "Files"
#       ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
#       ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
#EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        #TV Out Setup
        Option "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
#       Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV" #Causes problems currently
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
#       Monitor "Television"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
#               Modes "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

#Section "Monitor"
#       Identifier "Television"
#       HorizSync 30.0 - 50.0
#       VertRefresh 60.0 - 60.0
#       Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
#       Option "dpms"
#EndSection

#Section "Monitor"
#       Identifier "Television"
#       HorizSync 30.0 - 50.0
#       VertRefresh 60.0 - 60.0
#       Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
#       Option "dpms"
#EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia-
graphics-1.0-9631"
        ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions"
        ModulePath "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load "v4l"