The Linux Foundation yummies

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Jan 30 12:07:42 EST 2007

On Jan 30, 2007, at 10:27, Thomas Charron wrote:

>  Ok, earlier I wasn't sure about the OSDL merger, but now it would
> seem to
> have bore a fruit which definatly deserves applause.
>
> http://www.kroah.com/log/2007/01/29/#free_drivers

Wow.

Wow, wow, wow.

I'm not so naive to expect we'll have all drivers for all hardware
but this will serve to winnow out the companies who really are
resource constrained from those who are just using that as an excuse
to stay proprietary or shun linux.  This will be especially
beneficial to the little companies out there who really do have
resource issues.

Things are going to get interesting!

-Bill
-----