BarCampManchester 7/28

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Fri Jul 6 11:25:01 EDT 2007

kenta wrote:
> Anyone here attending BarCampManchester (http://barcampmanchester.org/) or
> maybe previously attended one of these events?

I thought Alex Hewitt reported back about the past Bar Camp at Amoskeag
Business Incubator in Manchester, but I don't seem to find it in the
archives. He thought it was worthwhile.

> Sounds interesting despite the use of the word "unconference" :/

Unconferences can be excellent or they can be chaos. I went to
FUDConBoston 2007 and thought they pulled off the on-the-fly
organization of the event very well: around 15 or 20 volunteers stood
up, pitched a one-minute idea for a session, and we voted on who wanted
to see what. Popular topics got the big rooms; less popular, smaller.
Shuffle around the schedule to eliminate the one-person-in-two-places
issues and - viola! - a conference schedule was born. It was worked out
over a coffee break, and I thought it worked far better than I expected.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC