Destroying a hard drive

Drew Van Zandt drew.vanzandt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:35:50 EDT 2007

Thought: assuming the holes covered with aluminum stickers actually give you
a passage to inside the drive if removed, take one off and spray some
powdered graphite inside, replace sticker, and spin the drive up.  I'd not
feel very confident in it without testing, but it should give the drive fits
for both mechanical reasons (grind, grind, grind) and electrical reasons -
carbon's enough of a conductor to cause all sorts of bizarre effects in
electrical circuits with high amplification, and the conductivity changes
with pressure.

--DTVZ