[OT] Looking for ancient boot media

Warren Luebkeman warren at resara.com
Thu Jul 12 11:17:25 EDT 2007

This reminds me of a discussion I had with Maddog and Bill Sconce earlier this
week, regarding the possibility of a show-and-tell of some of these ancient
computers.  I'm sure others would be very curious to see some of these things
in working condition, I know I would.  Especially a paper tape reader or
something along those lines.

On Thursday 12 July 2007 8:19 am, klussier at comcast.net wrote:
> From: Paul Lussier <p.lussier at comcast.net>
>
> > Dan Jenkins <dan at rastech.com> writes:
> > > A quick Google found Linux tools to do the formatting and presumably
> > > copying, so a working TRS-80 is not needed, just a 5.25" floppy drive
> > > (and Linux, the wonder tool, to bring it On Topic).
> >
> > Oh interesting!  Hmmm, I'm sure I can dig up the proper hardware.  The
> > larger problem is 5.25" disks :)  I must have some around here
> > somewhere...
>
> If I remember correctly, you can use a casette tape to boot the TRS-80.
> Now, if you can just find a way to make the TRS-80 emulators for Linux
> output to a casette tape, you're all set :-)
>
> C-Ya,
> Kenny

Warren Luebkeman
Founder, COO