[OT] Looking for ancient boot media

Tom Wittbrodt tomwitt2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 18:00:48 EDT 2007

Ed lawson wrote:
> Anyone like to buy a functional OSI 4P-MF with a whopping 24K of memory?
> Mini-floppy is 80K as I recall.  All docs and original shipping box.
>
> Or what about a TI-94A with expansion box?  No that is a thing of
> beauty.  They really knew how how to make hardware.  The expansion box
> must weigh 40#

Ah, the 99/4As. My first "real" job was on the assembly line at Texas
Instruments putting together these puppies. It made quite an impression
being on the job all of 15 minutes then being asked to drop several
newly assembled machines from a height of 4 feet onto a thinly carpeted
manufacturing floor as part of a drop test. As I recall, in the 2 years
I worked there, we did that test exactly once.