Rebuilding RHEL3 libc.so from source

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:56:52 EDT 2007

On 7/13/07, Michael ODonnell <michael.odonnell at comcast.net> wrote:
>    http://bradthemad.org/tech/notes/patching_rpms.php

  That's pretty much the standard drill on how to build a package.
While I agree there is some non-trivial work involved, I really don't
see how it could be drastically simpler: If you're going to build a
package with metadata, you need to have a file that describes the
package.  Otherwise you've just got a ".tar.gz" with binaries inside
it.

  I'm more concerned about how this addresses your original post.
>From what you were saying, you were rebuilding from source but getting
a very different between the "official" Red Hat binaries and the ones
you built yourself.  The article you linked to doesn't seem to have
anything to do with that.  No?

-- Ben