BarCamp improv tech gathering - Sat 28 Jul - Manchester, NH

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 16:40:11 EDT 2007

Group: BarCampManchester
What : Improvisational technical gathering
Who  : Anyone who shows up
Where: ABI (Amoskeag Business Incubator), Manchester, NH
Date : Saturday 28 July 2007
Time : 10 AM to 5 PM

NOTE WELL: BarCampBarCampManchester is not affiliated in any way with
GNHLUG, but one of the organizers asked if we might make mention of
it.  I looked at their web page, and it sounds like it might well be
of interest to many GNHLUGers.

>From what I can tell, a "BarCamp" is basically an improv tech
conference.  A bunch of geeks -- ahem, I mean, "technology
professionals" -- get together and talk about and do interesting
stuff.

More info:

http://www.barcampmanchester.org/

Planned Sessions:

* Linux (Ubuntu) overview (Tim Smith) - Overview of installing Ubuntu
Linux & performing common use tasks. Depending on audience interest,
low-level Q&A to follow.

* Rails'n'Flex (Satish Kumar Mummadi) - Tutorial on developing Rich
Apps using Flex and Ruby on Rails

* Building Your Web App Like an OS (Ian Muir) - Techniques for
building an application shell for your web applications

* Groovy Scripting (Chuck Tessein) - Introducing Groovy, a dynamic
language running on the Java VM.

* Typography Crash Course (Lokesh Dhakar) - A practical, relevant
run-through of typography. Stuff you can use!

* The Secrets of Scoping (Kelley Muir) - Techniques for writing
complete scopes that help improve productivity.

* Drop Your Pants (All) - Share your project ideas and get feedback.

-- Ben

--
DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed in the above are the personal opinions of the
author, and do not necessarily represent the views or policy of GNHLUG, or