how do I put my website up on sourceforge?

Lori Nagel jastiv at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 26 04:43:12 EDT 2007

I started a project back in November of last year to make Wograld, a free software 2d online role playing game,  currently based on crossfire.  There is acctually code written, you can download it from cvs, and it does compile and run. However, I need to put up a website to explain the scope of the project and recruit more developers /testers /fans, but the problem is the sourceforge documentation is awful.  It is so bad that many people do not even use sourceforge to host the website, but I'm not buying some $5.99 a month package that will have bad tech support that I don't understand how to admin anyway.
I would like to understand how to upload my website to sourceforge.  I read the documentation several times but it did not help.  I managed to understand it for the cvs and some other admin task, but for some strange reason either the website documentation is really bad, or they expect the newbie to have alot more knowledge than he or she does.   Please do not tell me to RTFM again because I already tried that.  I want an explanation in plan english of how to upload the files  and get it set up.  Someone on this list must know how to do it since we have a pretty good sized group here.