Kubuntu Feisty Fawn intel-8x0 alsa (nVidia MCP51 audio)

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Sat Jun 2 13:45:42 EDT 2007

You're fsck'd - no useful FOSS drivers exist.

Send a love letter to the super geniuses at nVidia to explain
how happy you are that they won't release specs for that MCP51
audio HW.  I was griping about this back in January and the
situation has not improved:

  http://mail.gnhlug.org/mailman/private/gnhlug-discuss/2007-January/017878.html

Here's relevant lsmod output from my Dell e521 that also has
the MCP51 - the best those snd_hda* modules can do is control
the volume (barely) but none of the other mixer controls work..

 Module                  Size  Used by
 snd_hda_intel          21656  0
 snd_hda_codec         165760  1 snd_hda_intel
 snd_pcm_oss            47648  0
 snd_mixer_oss          17152  1 snd_pcm_oss
 snd_pcm                79748  3 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss
 snd_timer              23172  1 snd_pcm
 snd                    54628  6 snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
 snd_page_alloc         11016  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm