Monitoring of Internet connection

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Thu Jun 7 10:30:50 EDT 2007

"Ben Scott" <dragonhawk at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
>   I'm looking to monitor the reliability of our Internet connection at
> $DAYJOB, from the inside out.

You know, there's a FOSS HPOV like thing out there, and I can't seem
to remember it's name.  I don't know whether or not it does what you
want, and I can't seem to find it now.  Googling for 'opensource
network monitoring' however, yielded this site:

  http://www.slac.stanford.edu/xorg/nmtf/nmtf-tools.html

Which looks like it has at least 500 tools for every possible type of
monitoring you'd ever want to do :) The list of available tools this
site catalogs is mind-bogglingly staggering!

If I think of anything, or come up with anything, I'll post it here.

--
Seeya,
Paul