ADMIN - http://mail.gnhlug.org/ b0rken?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:08:39 EDT 2007

On 6/10/07, Michael ODonnell <michael.odonnell at comcast.net> wrote:
> When my browser asks for anything from http://mail.gnhlug.org/
> all I get is this...

  Fixed now.  I started software updates running in a screen session
last night, but ran out of steam and went to bed before they finished.
 So of course something went wrong.

  Details: For some reason I don't care enough about to investigate,
the stock config files made the mailman site put an SSL listener on
TCP/80.  When the system was first setup, we had moved the ssl.conf
file to a "disabled.conf.d" directory, but of course the update
conveniently put it back.  (RPM normally doesn't overwrite updated
config files, but it sees a totally missing config file as different.
(Preemptive strike again zealotry: APT works the same way.))  I've
created empty config files with touch(1) as placeholders, which should
prevent that from happening again.

  "We apologize for the inconvenience."

> ...and I probably shouldn't have sent this to the -discuss list...

  It proved the lists were still working.  :-)

-- Ben