Fun with lirc and streamzap...

Bruce Labitt bruce.labitt at verizon.net
Sun Jun 10 17:56:07 EDT 2007

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Bruce Labitt <bruce.labitt at verizon.net>:
>
>> alias car-major-61 lirc_streamzap
>
> Oh, and this line (above) is wrong, too.  For one thing it would
> be "char-major-61" (not "car-...")   but I dont have this in
> my modprobe.conf at all.  BUT I do run lircd with -d /dev/lirc0
>
> -derek

Thanks for catching that.  Now trying to compile lirc.  I ran ./setup.sh
in lirc.  It complained that I did not have the Linux kernel source
installed.

configure: error: *** you need to have the Linux kernel source installed
        for this driver

How do I do this on FC6?  I guess I need to check which kernel I'm
running, and to load the matching source.

Thanks for humoring me.  I haven't done this before so it seems quite
intimidating.