Maintaining RHEL3 after RHAT support expires

Michael ODonnell michael.odonnell at comcast.net
Thu Jun 14 14:47:52 EDT 2007

I'm working with some RHEL3 boxes that until recently were
kept up to date via subscription to the RedHat Network but
that subscription has now expired, so I wonder if there
is some repository of freely available packages that are
perfectly compatible and %100 sync'd with whatever RHAT
is supplying as bugfixes and updates for RHEL3.  In other
words, if I install something from that repository I like
to still be able to say with a straight face that it's an
RHEL3 box.

FWIW, here's /etc/redhat-release from the system in question:

  Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 3 (Taroon Update 8)