Stupid server semantic argument (was: Non Linux but network tech question)

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 17:44:17 EDT 2007

On 6/19/07, Travis Roy <travis at scootz.net> wrote:
> The original post was about a local library.

  Right, but the thread was hijacked to complain about Comcast's "no
servers" policy.  Further,  the old argument was raised about how some
Comcast's allowed usage includes software which listens for incoming
TCP connections, which I guess is supposed to invalidate the "no
servers" policy.  Or something.  *That* is what I was responding to
with this new thread.  I changed the subject line to reflect the
threadjack.  There might be people following the on-topic parts of the
original thread, after all.

> While I can kind of agree with Ben when it came to [something else]
> ... this is totally different as each AUP is different ...

  I never said otherwise.  Indeed, I suggested to the OP that the
library just ask Comcast for a static IP address to host their server.

-- Ben