[OT] Political video of immigration attournys re: H1B->Perm workers (Re: [SAGE] a video)

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Fri Jun 22 08:51:48 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 10:14:12PM -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:

> This was sent to the SAGE members list today.  I urge you to watch it.
>
> >> Offered without comment, except that my politics
> >> are generally those of 1880:
> >>
> >>     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

Since there was no commentary on this, I'll summarize so that others
don't have to do what I did:

This is a video, created by http://programmersguild.org/, discussing the
steps taken by immigration attourneys to find a job that they can give
to an H1B worker. These include posting the ads in such a way that they
are designed ot not find qualified US Citizens, etc.

The video is of immigration attourneys discussing how they're trying to
get people green cards.

I personally feel that posting this video, especially without
commentary, falls strongly on the 'off topic' and 'political' topics
that are better taken off the list. There are enough political topics
that are relevant to free software that we don't need to maek the list
be everything related to the software development industry.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
Web Developer