Dell online chat about Ubuntu Linux / Wed 27 June

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 17:34:26 EDT 2007

  I was checking Dell's "Community Forums" for something completely
unrelated, and I saw something which might be of interest to people
here, given that I've seen some comments from people trying to get
Linux to play well on Dell equipment.  The blurb sez:

Title: Ubuntu Linux on Dell Systems
Who:
   (1) John Hull, Dell Manager, Linux Engineering, Austin
   (2) Ben Collins, Canonical Ubuntu Kernel Team Lead
Date: Wed 27 June
Time: 8 to 10 AM and 8 to 10 PM, US Central time (9 to 11, US Eastern)

  I find this interesting mainly 'cause of Ben Collins, who has quite
an impressive resume: Present Ubuntu Kernel Team Lead.  Former Debian
Project Leader.  Managed first stable release of Debian SPARC port.
Linux 1394 stack maintainer.  Contributor to kernel UltraSPARC port,
OpenLDAP, Subversion.

  More info:

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=sw_linux&message.id=10231

-- Ben