[gnhlug-jobs] [NH Jobs List] Job: Network/Database Administrator - Manchester

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Fri Jun 29 08:08:11 EDT 2007

>> If you are interested, please e-mail me a formal resume attached to
>> a Word Document and then we can set up a time to speak. If you know
>
> Is this a joke?  Is this solicitation meant seriously?

By "Word Document" they usually mean "something I can open in Word,
that's formatted, and I can run my macros on to pull out key items".

Whenever I sent out resumes I would send them out as RTFs and they
never knew the difference. You have to remember that you're most
likely getting these kind of emails from HR/Recruiters that know very
little, if at all, about tech stuff. They also tend to mess around
with whatever they're given from a manager/director and throw in all
kinds of buzz words.